Friday, July 6, 2012

"We Don't Want The Whole United States, Just Alabama!!!!"

So yesterday was a hard day for me. I have been dealing with different things with my health and it is a battle in itself to get the coverage that I need in order to make the appointments that I need to make. Last night I was going stir crazy in the house and decided I just needed to get out. I asked a friend of mine if she wanted to go for a walk and we ended up walking more than 2.5 miles and had a nice, well needed talk.

We came to some realizations during the talk... One of which being that women look up to the first male figure they have in their lives, the ones that care for them and treat them well... whether it is a father, a brother, a cousin, or even a close friend. As we grow up and mature we tend to look for someone that in certain ways resemble the way we are treated by that male figure that we look up to. We don't always find that person but in the back of our minds we always wish we had someone to treat us the way that dependable male figure always has and always will.

One thing in specific that we were talking about were small gestures. A welcoming smile and questions about our day when we come home. Being surprised with flowers, or even a FLOWER when you come home. Seriously, you can get some cheap yet pretty flowers for $5 at Walmart!!! I have been with my husband for 6 years now... It's not often that I ask him about his day when he comes home, but that is because he is normally grouchy and snappy when I ask him questions right when he comes home. In our 6 years of being together there were only two times that he surprised me without it being a special occasion. TWO times in 2,204 days. REALLY?!?!?!?! I love my husband regardless... We wouldn't be together if I didn't... But sometimes it's nice to feel special, be surprised, be treated out of the ordinary. Countless times he has come home from a late night of playing poker or doing something else, and told me "I was going to surprise you and get flowers but I didn't." Really? You are telling me this why? In my opinion, for this situation... it is not the thought that counts. Thinking about doing it but not doing it does not give you brownie points. It actually takes AWAY brownie points. Now, if he came home and said to me, "I was going to surprise you and get flowers but I didn't have any money" and hands me some flowers he grabbed from outside on his way in the house, he would get major brownie points. THERE is where "it's the thought that counts" comes into play.

Bottom line is... small gestures are all we want sometimes. We don't want the whole United States... Just Alabama and we will be happy. Is that too much to ask for?????

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!